Friday, September 30, 2005

Word from the Wife

Today - a guest post from my wife Rachael.
_______________________

Wow, three jobs in three months. I have been a speech-language pathologist at a nursing home, at Giant Step - a day-program for children with disabilities and their siblings, and a school district. Frankly, after about a month at a job I get bored and can’t wait for something new.

I am undertaking the longest job contract I have ever had, nine-months in the Hickman Mills School district. Yikes, that is a long time – we will see how it goes. I’ve started working at Warford Elementary. I am very excited about starting the semester, the first half of my day I conduct reading therapy in a classroom of kindergarten through second grade children with multiple and severe handicaps. The second half I am conducting kindergarten through fifth grade language and articulation therapy one-on-one. After school I work at Giant Step. So if you are keeping track, that is two jobs for the foreseeable future. Please pray that God will give me strength to continue serving students and that I can be example for the students to follow.

In July, Tim and I went to Tucson so I could interview with the Communication Science and Disorders Ph.D. program. I talked with one professor who was a Christian and when I told her that Tim and I were going to plant a church she was very excited. She said that virtually none of the faculty or students were Christians. Then I was overwhelmed with joy and excitement; never had I realized what a mission field my profession was. Please pray that I am accepted into the program and that I can actively do mission work within the ranks of the University of Arizona.

-Rachael

No comments: