Tuesday, March 28, 2006

:. Desaparecido

I came across information on this ad campaign on a Brazilian blog that tracks Latin American and South American advertising trends. I thought it was a pretty cool idea and I look forward to using a version of it for events in Tucson in the years to come.

Desaparecido (missing person)
is a new ad campaign in Brazil (created by the Publicis agency of São Paulo) promoting the second season of Lost.

The campaign spread photocopied posters of "missing people" with profiles on characters from the show, with info on where they can be found (the local TV affiliate).

Postings appeared throughout the
city on telephone poles, signs, buildings and in bathrooms and bars.

What I found most interesting is that some of the posters use the actor's name and some use the character's name. Either way, it's pretty cool. I really like the way that they plastered the posters all over town and that they really are pretty interesting to look at and would probably catch people's attention, even though they are relatively "low tech" in their approach.

Leave a comment for me and let me know if you've seen any cool advertising or leave a suggestion on how we can use this idea to promote a ministry event.

No comments: