Monday, March 27, 2006

:. You've Restored My Faith in Marriage

A trip back to Kirksville gave us a chance to spend time with friends we hadn’t seen for a while.

A birthday party was the convenient excuse to see each other and one friend graciously offered up her pad for all to chill.

After a revealing game of I’ve Never, she pulled us aside.
She said, “I’ve always thought of marriage as the end of your life. That you are happy and carefree and enjoy life, then you get married.

“Seeing the two of you together,” she continued, “makes me think that’s not the case. You’ve restored my faith in marriage ... er, I mean, maybe marriage isn’t the end of the world after all.”

It turns out that we were the first married couple She's come across who actually enjoy being married to each other.

It is wonderful to share our lives with our friends and discover they are changed by our discussions and friendships.

No comments: