Friday, June 09, 2006

:. Wait, You Play Bass, Right?

I dusted off my old bass a couple of days ago. The regular bass player at Cornerstone is gone this week and Ethan asked me to fill in. I drug out my amp from the basement, plugged in, turned it up and nothing happened.

I spent the afternoon rewiring and sodering the leads for my bass. Eventually, I was able to get it all put back together and my first foray into the world of electronics seemed successful.

It's been a while since I've played, but it came back pretty quick. I ran through a couple of old Until Tomorrow bass lines for a sound check and away we went. Although the drummer had to work and the pianist couldn't make it, we ran through all the music and spend the rest of practice shooting each other with "finger blasters" (foam darts with rubberbands attached that are all the rage among the Cornerstone youth).

Here's hoping Sunday will come off without a hitch.

No comments: